4 Ways to Use your Mat
Acupressure is a form of physical therapy and The Shakti Mat simply allows for easy self-treatment. Here are the most common ways you can use your Shakti Mat at home.
Duration 5+ Minutes
Tip: Start off in socks, and slowly build up to bare feet
The feet are covered in pressure points making standing on The Shakti Mat a perfect way to achieve a deep acupressure effect
- Can help to refresh and massage tired feet, perfect for after a long day of work
- Try standing on The Shakti Mat first thing in the morning, this can help to support an energised and fresh start to the day
- Can support normal circulation to the feet, easing a feeling of cold feet in the night
Neck and Shoulders
Duration 10+ Minutes
Tip: You can roll The Shakti Mat up like the photo above or place a rolled up towel underneath a flat mat for the same effect
This position can be particularly useful in times of stress and tension. Poor posture while standing or working at a desk can result in tension around the neck and shoulders.
- Applying The Shakti Mat to this area may help to soothe tired and tight muscles
- Users might also find this position is the most useful to aid healthy and normal recovery from headaches.
Duration 20+ Minutes
Tip: Using The Shakti Mat as part of your bedtime routine prepares the body for a deep restful sleep. Try placing The Shakti Mat in bed, lie still and listen to restful music - many people find themselves falling into a much deeper sleep
- Users can expect to be put into a deep, relaxed state
- May help easing of the muscles of the back
- Support for healthy circulation.
- Support for falling asleep and staying asleep
Duration 5-10 Minutes
- You may find your muscles warm and relax, perfect for post-run recovery
- Intense nervous stimulation to support muscle strength pre-exercise
- Acupressure can support the body’s natural healing activity