Shakti Sport & Fitness
Shakti Users Above: Sophie Mackenzie - World Champion Double Skulls Rowing 2016, Gillies Kaka - Commonwealth Games Gold Medal Winner - Rugby 7's, Megan Craig - New Zealand Squash Player
What you Need to Know
Acupressure is a form of physical therapy and The Shakti Mat simply allows easy self-treatment. The Shakti Mat can work in two distinct ways to enhance your athletic performance. If used briefly before exercise, the effect of the acupressure is to excite the nerves, preparing it for peak performance. When used for longer periods of time, it can aid muscle relaxation and increase joint lubrication.
2 Steps to Enhance Performance
Once you have chosen the desired muscle group to exercise, The Shakti Mat can be used both as a tool to stimulate and rest the muscles.
How can I incorporate this into my routine?
- Balance sports (skiiing, snowboarding, skating, surfing)
- Exercises involving balance like squats and lunges
- Running and boxing
- Exercises on legs like squats, lunges and deadlifts
Upper Back and Shoulders
- Contact sports like rugby or league
- Upper back exercises like shoulder presses, chin ups and dead lifts
- During rest periods during intense ab workouts
- Core exercises
- Lower back exercises like hyper-extensions or deadlifts
- Back recovery for various sports
- Exercises on the chest (push ups, bench press, dumbbell bench press)
- Contact sports like rugby and league